- This event has passed.
Teachers on the Estuary (TOTE) workshop: New Jersey’s Estuaries, from Top to Bottom
August 10 @ 9:00 am - August 12 @ 4:00 pm
Join JC NERR for this summer’s Teacher’s on the Estuary (TOTE) workshop! This year will be particularly exciting because the JC NERR will be partnering with the NJ Sea Grant Consortium with hybrid-style instruction (both remote and in-person). TOTE can be an opportunity to share, get support, explore some data, chat with scientists, and explore the outdoors! The TOTE agenda will be provided to participants after registration. See program details below.
Three day schedule involves:
- August 10th: 9am-12noon. Zoom instruction
- August 11th: 9am-4pm. Lessons, resources and outdoor estuary activities with New Jersey Sea Grant Consortium onsite at Sandy Hook, NJ.
- August 12th: 9am-4pm. Lessons, resources, and outdoor estuary activities at the JC NERR Education Center, onsite in Tuckerton, NJ.
During TOTE, participants will:
- Increase their confidence with habitat-based science content
- Increase their knowledge of the ecological issues facing our mid- Atlantic coastal ecosystems, with a particular focus on New Jersey.
- Increase their confidence in teaching about coastal ecosystems using local real world science and research.
- Discover a variety of resources for classroom use
- Receive $150 stipends, 17 CECs, and high quality materials to facilitate their teaching. Must attend all three days to be eligible for receiving the stipend.
*Please keep in mind that all participants must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination, or a negative PCR test results from a test taken no more than 72 hours prior to this workshop as per Rutgers University COVID-19 policies. Participants also must maintain social distancing and wear masks while indoors. Please note: In compliance with HIPPA regulations, all vaccination proof or medical information submitted to the JC NERR is not kept on file and is only used to confirm vaccination status. In addition, all information is kept confidential and internal to the JC NERR.*
Space is limited so register today!
For questions, email [email protected]