- This event has passed.
Teachers on the Estuary (TOTE) workshop: Climate Change
August 8 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
An event every day that begins at 8:00 am, repeating until August 9, 2019
Teachers on the Estuary (TOTE) workshop: Keeping up with Climate Change
Wednesday to Thursday, August 7th – 9th, 2019
Join us for an exciting, hands-on, in the field, 3-day workshop focused on how the mid-Atlantic’s’ coastal ecosystems and communities are changing in response to climate change. Field studies, classroom activities and scientific presentations will make this a workshop you won’t want to miss! Space is limited! Workshop runs from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM on Wednesday and Thursday and 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM Friday.
- increase their confidence with habitat-based science content
- increase their knowledge of the ecological issues facing our mid- Atlantic coastal ecosystems
- increase their confidence in teaching about coastal ecosystems using local real world science and research
- discover a variety of resources for use in their classrooms
- receive $150 stipends, lunch each day, 21 CECs, and high quality materials to facilitate their teaching
Space is limited so register today!
Overnight lodging available upon request for a small fee.
For questions call Kaitlin at 609-812-0649 ext. 206 or email to [email protected]